Just like how small children are given special attention by their parents, elderly people also require such special attention. Most of the time proper elderly care is overlooked for the fact that they can take care of themselves. As the elderly people get old, their health and mental stability deteriorate. They are very sensitive and impulsive.
Often they are subjected to abuse by their kin or other family members for any disputes. Problems like this can affect the elderly people psychologically and sometimes can make them violent. Elders desire a life with good health, dignity and economic independence. They long for care, love, and affection. Understanding their needs and concerns will ensure their good health.
Elderly people usually come across diseases like blood pressure, diabetes, heart failure problems, arthritis, cancer malignancy, joint pains, tuberculosis, as well as kidney infections. Long term care is needed for the elderly. But in this fast -paced world, providing constant care and attention is impossible for many people.
So far we have seen the need for elderly care on a micro level. On a macro level i.e. globally the demographic dividend in some countries are poor. China, Australia, Japan are some of the powerful countries that experience poor demographic dividend to the extent that by 2020, more than 60% of the population will be above the age of 50.
The number of Americans ages 65 and older is projected to double to over 98 million by 2060, and the 65-and-older age group’s share of the total population will rise to nearly 24 percent from present 15 percent.
Challenges ahead because of the aging population
- Demand for elder care will be there as there is a rise in the number of Americans living with Alzheimer’s disease, which could nearly triple by 2050 to 14 million.
- The large share of elderly also means that Social Security and Medicare expenditures will increase from a combined 8 percent of gross domestic product today to 12 percent by 2050.
- Obesity rates among older adults have been increasing, standing at about 40 percent of 65-to-74-year-olds in 2009-2012.
It is high time for many countries to make a policy decision regarding the aging population and there is a dire need for private investment in elderly care. Entrepreneurs and those who are already in the healthcare sector can start elderly care startups. Creating a Uber-like app for elders can work big time.
Healthcare for the elderly also comprises of some daily needs mentioned below
Medication: Elders may need insulin, pills on a daily basis. For this, an in-house nursing system may need to be added to their daily plan of care.
Transportation: To attend any social function, elders need transportation which has some dedicated medical instruments in place.
Personal care: Personal care is an important daily need for a senior citizen. They may need assistance with bathing, dressing and personal grooming.
Nutrition: Elderly need a proper nutrition based diet to stay healthy and peaceful. For them, meals should be prepared and served at right time.
A dedicated startup aiming at giving proper services for the elderly can be started with just an app like Uber.
Nurses, dieticians, geriatricians, and physiotherapist can be made to list their name in the Uber for elders app. They can earn additionally apart from their main work. Background checks can be made to those who are interested to provide their service and a verified ID is provided to them. For every service, a commission is charged by the app. This business model has huge potential in the US, Japan, and China.
Why elderly care under on-demand app model?
- The on-demand economy is growing exponentially. With wage jobs in decline and young people looking for new ways to earn a decent living, on-demand jobs offer the balance traditional jobs can’t.
- Also, the in-home industry is huge and more than 2 million people are working here and it can reach places with the advent of on-demand Uber for elders.
- Private elderly care is pricey but turns to be affordable under on-demand.
- Even elderly people can schedule a service with the app on their own without having to depend on others.
- Funding for on-demand healthcare startups is easy to get. So no worries about funding.
If you have any plans to start an elderly care startup, we are happy to provide you with Uber for elder app from SpotnRides. SpotnRides is the market leader in providing Uber app solutions for many services like cab booking, healthcare, food delivery, to name a few.
If you are looking for a quick response team to clarify your doubts instantly about your new business venture, please connect with our expert team at Whatsapp or write a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request for Similar Product: