Booking your cabs on the doorstep without walking and enjoying the comfortable rides is the great success of Uber platforms. This platform acts as the best interface between the cab drivers and the seekers to provide the necessary solution to the real-time issues in cab-booking activities. With the same model, the problems between the supply and demands are solved and this raises the new model ‘Uber for X’.
After the deep analysis in the on-demand industry, personalized services, doorstep healthcare needs highly prefer the Uber for X business model for the following reasons.
- Customers easily identify either the service providers or service handlers in the market.
- The one who has the visibility via the app platform receives the notification for new requests with the location information.
- Book them as per the comfort schedules and availability.
- Tracking the skillful technicians till the arrival and communicating them to convey the needs.
- Host the rating or share feedback about the services in the public forum.
- Instant data collection from the location information and reception of payment via third party payment apps integration.
To meet the considerations listed above, the uber for x app model must include the necessary technical metrics during the design process. Specific technologies are used for specific feature-set and getting enough awareness of the technical details is a necessary one for the new launchers.
This blog will clear the major things regarding the tech-stack selection, what are all the technology choices to be preferred to launch the business for 2021, and how the SpotnRides assist you to incorporate the tech stack in the app-based model for the profitable business model.
Evolution Of Tech Stack For Uber Business Model
Aware of stack history is an essential one to make the smart decision on the tech stack for the business model. The introduction of Uber was observed in 2009 and till 2014, the potential tech stack did not exist. The periodical analysis presented here shows the evolution of the tech stack for the uber business model.
- In early 2012, the tech-stack contained the following things: python, MySQL, and MongoDB for the backend. Websites can be built with the backbone.js. Dispatched systems designed by Node.Js and Redis.
- In 2014, Uber started its work with Big Data Generation. At the same time, the growth of the trips was observed at 20%. Storing trips data meet several issues and hence the new project was launched namely Mezzanine.
- After the large-size penetration of the mobile devices, the login and the interactions are getting an important pace in the app-based workflow. During the end of 2014, Uber launched its API to all the developers in order to access many activities carried within the business model. Normally, the features accumulated in API are destination address specification, delivery and pickup times, fare estimates, and trip history access.
- In 2015, the migration of entire business entities of Uber model from integer identifier to UUID identifiers to establish the relationship as strong.
- During the year 2016, the mobile app development for Uber started. The primary interfaces for mobile app development are Android and iOS for riders and drivers. The development engineers for both platforms land the code into the monolithic codebase.
- The tech-stack selection for both the platforms are observed as follows: Android: Gradle build system, butter knife binds, and the callbacks to fields for the attractive User Interfaces. iOS: The code lives are built with the Buck.
- The new model like Uberfreight and the increase in rides happened in 2016 and 2017 respectively. According to these, the scheduler through the deep learning framework initiated.
- Finally, with the help of special tools like Spark, Cassandra, and TensorFlow, Uber starts to scale up the machine learning patterns into standardized frameworks namely Michelangelo (mix of open source systems and components) in 2018.
After the deep analysis of the evolution of the tech stack history of uber business model development, you might have the information about which tech-platform suits the business needs.
For the taxi-industry, the common metrics to be focussed on are location-aware, communication, live tracking, payment, and notifications. Hence, technology choices are also different for each metric.
Best Technology Choices for Successful Uber for X Model for 2021
With the same feature-set, Uber extended its service to multiple personalized service bookings, balancing supply and demand, etc. As per the type of the business, customer preferences, targeted region for the business, the Uber for X model is designed and upgraded with the suitable technology stack choices.
Prior to looking into them, the knowledge of the basic design of Uber for X business model is an important thing. The important elements included in the app are listed as follows: client application, full-fledged web server to process the client’s request, and the database for storage of customer queries.
The main functionality of this business model is to identify the current location of the service technicians and provide the necessary short distance information to complete the trip timely and this enables more number of service bookings to be covered easily. Hence the technology choices listed here are made to cooperate with the geo-location framework of the services.
Location-based support: With a deep understanding of the specifics of the Android, and iOS platforms, the geolocation features must be compatible with these platforms. Getting instant information regarding the current location and the features associated with the location is an essential one. Generally, the features relied on the location-based startups are listed as follows:
- Service Handler’s Location Identification: This is processed through the identification of the location of their mobile device. The core location framework contains the number of classes and protocols to identify and send the current changes of location to the server. With this consistent monitoring is the possible thing.
- Traveling Directions: Identification of traveling directions is very important to make the trip comfortable in less time. In order to display the point-to-point variation in the map, the iOS platform requires MapKit and the Android platform uses the Google Maps Android API.
- Integration: Geolocation is the most needed technology for the development of service booking applications. Generally, access to google for map directional solutions requires payment. To avoid this, the service provider buys the mapping technology companies for logistics issues.
Alerts or SMS Notifications: Gathering customer attention depends on how far you communicate your presence to the customers through SMS based alerts. Most of the Uber for X app-based business models come up with the personalization feature where the customers can change their preferences of SMS or notifications easily.
Apple push notification services and the Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) are the essential choices for the tech-stack.
Smart Payment Model: The payment ways are getting different after the evolution of online platforms. Rather than the cash, debit or credit card and promo-code based payments are the smarter payment options included in the app workflow. This slowly removes the human-to-human excess cash transfers like tips etc.
With the build of the partnership with Braintree, the business model accepts card-based payments from the user. The same thing is also used for the scanning of credit cards in iOS platforms.
On the whole, the major technology choices are preferred for the processes of location identification, mapping, payment, notifications. From these, you might have the knowledge of what makes the uber business model as popular in the market.
After knowing the success of the Uber app-based platforms, many of them look for Uber clone app solution providers in the market. One such unique service provider available called SpotnRides.
We normally develop the application as per the current trends, customer expectations on the basis of the latest innovations in the technology. SpotnRides considers all the listed choices in their own manner and makes the application top-level in the competitive market.
How SpotnRides Applies All Technology Choices to Develop Customer-Centric App?
At SpotnRides, We have designed a number of taxi bookings or personalized service booking apps with Uber clone script. We adapt the technology choices listed in the previous section in the following ways.
App Design: We prefer Java with the focus on building MVP architecture and the swift for Android and iOS apps respectively. PHP or AngularJS is used to design the web application of Uber for X.
API BackEnd: Business owners mainly focus on scalable, high-performance, fast, and less resource consumption while launching. NodeJS is the primary language considered in SpotnRides to build the business logic APIs. For data manipulations and computational operations, Python is preferred due to its standard library.
Secure Transactions- With the enabling of a 3D secure authentication framework, the payment gateway or a wallet based payments are integrated within the app interfaces of Uber for X business model. Focusing on the encryption technique on the client payment method assures high-level security.
Twilio SMS Services: While the signup of service seekers or service providers, OTP verification is an essential thing. SpotnRides used the Twilio SMS services to make the verification as easy and service seekers can easily perform the in-app chat with the service handlers regarding requirements.
Full-Fledged Customer Support: As a service provider, they always look at cost-cutting techniques. One such activity like automated customer support is the feasible option from the SpotnRides.
The special ticket management system to track, prioritize, and provide the solutions to the customer faced issues effectively reduces the size of the human intervention. This reduces the operational time and the additional cost for monitoring.
Bringing the real face to the dreamy business ideas is the essential thing for the new startup owners in the on-demand industry. By partnering with the right service booking app solution providers, the startup owners can easily launch their own Uber for X startup with the correct tech-stack easily.
Since 2021 is the year of high-revenue generating online platforms, equipped with the best app solution providers like SpotnRides is the important thing. Hope this blog will clear the preliminary doubts in the selection of a tech stack for your business. Identify more by sending all your queries to [email protected] for an efficient startup.